Do you run an agricultural business in Nigeria and you would love to stand out in a saturated market? Your solution lies in how strong your agricultural business brand is. When you hear of Cocacola, Apple, Nike, Amazon and other industry giants, what comes to mind first? Each of these organisations have overtime been able to build a strong and consistent brand for themselves which they are quite known for. The entire concept of branding has evolved from just the logo and graphics design to a feel of your brand promise to your customers, and how they should perceive your business. Your branding makes you stand out and distinguishes you from other businesses.
Your brand is derived from who you are, and should be easily identifiable in your brand communications, your website, your logo design, promotional materials and every available channel of yours.
Would you love to portray your brand as the top-notch high quality agribusiness, or the innovative business in your space, or the low-cost with a huge focus on impact or the experiences brand? You can craft your brand direction in way that you can be something to as many people as you can, depending on your target customers.
Top questions to ask yourself when creating a strong branding strategy for your agricultural business;
- What are your company’s missions?
- What makes your business stand out from others?
- What do your customers and prospects already think of your company?
- What qualities do you want them to associate with your company?
Key elements your agribusiness brand should possess;
Once you’ve identified or defined your brand and its essential attributes, you need to get the word out to as many people as you can reach. What are the most effective ways to get the word out?
Here’s a checklist;
- Get your logo – which would be used across all communication channels, be it traditional media or digital media
- Write down your brand messaging – employees should be able to communicate or react with your customers effectively in line with your defined brand
- Integrate your brand across boards – how do your employees respond to calls, what do they wear while on the farm, their email signatures, and so on
- Create a brand voice – in your communications, does your brand converse well with people and visuals, do you employ a witty or youthful approach when relating with clients, are you more formal?
- Develop a memorable tagline – as short and concise as possible
- Deliver on your brand promises – it’s the easiest way to build trust
- Be consistent – don’t ever give up, keep going.
- Create social media channels and let your brand messaging be reflective on there – where can your business be found on social to reach a wider demography? For an agricultural business in Nigeria, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn are channels used often by consumers of agroproduce
- Create a website for your brand
- Create business cards, flyers, roll up banners and other promotional materials for use at agricultural networking events. Such events include the African Green Revolution Forum event, Agra Innovate West Africa and more
Setting up a brand isn’t as hard as it looks. Need help with professional logo design, website design and other key elements of your brand, let’s help you out… Click to contact Naija Farmers.