Did you know that coconut water is extremely good for you? Asides the fact that it is tasty, refreshing and a natural beverage, here are 8 interesting and science-based health reasons why you should enjoy drinking it!
1. Coconut water is found in young coconuts and a good source of fiber, vitamin C and several important minerals.
2. Coconut water contains antioxidants that protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
3. Studies on diabetic animals suggest that coconut water may improve blood sugar control. It’s also a good source of magnesium, which may increase insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels.
4. Early animal research suggests that water from coconuts may prevent kidney stones by reducing crystal and stone formation.
5. Animal studies suggest that coconut juice may have powerful cholesterol-lowering properties.
6. Coconut juice may help lower blood pressure and potentially decrease the risk of blood clots forming in your arteries.
7. Coconut water is effective at replenishing fluids and electrolytes after exercise. It is comparable to other sports beverages.
8. It can also be consumed directly from green coconuts or bought in bottles. Avoid brands with added sugar, sweeteners or flavors.
More on Naija Farmers;
- Quick Facts: How to Control Seepage and Evaporation in Water in Ponds
- Fruits and Vegetables: Staying Healthy with the Corona Virus Pandemic
- Where to Get the Best Fresh Farm Produce Online in Nigeria
- FoodLocker Nigeria Secures $40,000 from Founders Factory Africa – Agritech
- Agritech: Cellulant Sets to Unlock Africa’s $50bn Agric Value Chain Potentials with Technology