In fulfilling his promise to make agriculture attractive to the youths, Ondo State Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has approved N1.5 billion Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Agricultural Development Scheme loan to assist participants in the state’s “Youth-On-The-Ridges” programme.
The project is among several policies of the state meant to create jobs for youths.
The State Executive Council (Exco) approved the release of the money to enable the youths to access the CBN Accelerated Agricultural Development Scheme.
Over 18,000 youths are currently participating in the agricultural programme of the state government.
The facility will attract a single-digit interest rate designed to enable the participants to become successful agro-preneurs.
The 18,000 youths are selected from the 18 local government areas of the state and are trained in the best practices of agriculture.
More Tech Stories:
- New autonomous farm wants to produce food without human workers
- Epe LG revives ‘historic fish market’
- IITA Job Opportunities: Vacancy at IITA for the Role of a Senior System Analyst
- How To Grow Tomatoes For Business – All You Need To Know
- The LadyAgri Impact Investment Hub Set to Launch to Support Women Agri-Entrepreneurs in Africa