Food and Agriculture Organization of The United States is calling on children and teens all over the world, from age 5 to 19, to use their imagination and create a poster that illustrates their idea of Zero Hunger.
Young minds can be inspired by the World Food Day Activity Book that explains what Zero Hunger is all about, and how everyone needs to come together and take action to reach this global goal.
Take a photo or scan your poster and submit your entry by filling out the form on our website. Remember to do so before 9 November 2018!
Three winners in each age category will be selected by our jury and announced here in December. Winners will be promoted by FAO offices around the world and receive a surprise gift bag and Certificate of Recognition. They will also feature in an exhibition at FAO headquarters in Rome.
Who Can Take Part?
The Contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world.
The age to declare in the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
How Can I Take Part?
- Participation is free of charge.
- The entry period will begin at 12:00 (CEST) on Monday 21 May 2018 and will close at 12:00 (CEST) on Friday, 9 November 2018.
- The competition is divided into the following categories: 5 to 8, 9 to 12, 13 to 15, and 16 to 19.
- Only one entry should be submitted per person. Multiple entries from one person will result in disqualification.
- Poster entries may be drawn, painted or sketched using pens, pencils, crayons or charcoal, or using oil, acrylic or watercolour paint, as well as mixed media. Digitally created artwork is also permitted. No photographs are allowed.
- Poster entries may or may not include text. If text is used, no more than 25 words or 100 characters can be accepted. Languages permitted include: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Italian and Japanese.
- All artwork must be original and should not include photographic images of the Contestant or other personal information.
- All participants are encouraged to read about the World Food Day theme in the World Food Day Activity Book Younger children may want to learn together with a parent or teacher.
- Posters can only be submitted using the entry form provided. All fields in the Contest entry form must be completed and after uploading the poster design, the ENTER button must be clicked. Younger children may need help from an adult in making their online submission.
- Working on an A4 sheet or an 8 ½ inches by 11 inches sheet is recommended, to make it easier for you to scan and upload your poster design. If your poster is larger, you may have to take a digital photo of the work and upload the photo file.
- Only digital files saved as a JPEG will be accepted and submissions must be made through the online form provided – please do not send in physical posters.
- Only the shortlisted contestants will be notified by email by 5 December 2018.
- 15 posters in each category (60 posters) will be selected for the shortlist by the screening committee before 5 December 2018. Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement.
- Three winning poster designs will be selected as finalists by a jury in each category.
- The top three poster designs in all categories will be announced on the World Food Day website.
- Winners will be promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world.
- Winners will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag.
- In the event that any of the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible in accordance with these Contest rules and/or the General Rules, Copyright and Privacy, cannot be traced, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and it will be in the sole discretion of FAO to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry.
- When winning posters are published, only the first initial, full family name and country of origin will be published. No other personal information about the Contestants will be published or shared.
Other rules and regulations
Read more about the General Rules, Copyright, and Privacy here.
To register visit http://www.fao.org/world-food-day/2018/contest/enter-the-contest/en/
More Interesting Content:
- Agro Event: Agra Innovate West Africa 2018 Holds November 27-28
- World Food Lagos Farm Fair
- Organic Agriculture in Nigeria – History, Problems, Future Prospects and Potentials
- Oyo State Government Partners with Dangote Group for Massive Rice Production
- How to Secure Agricultural Loans in Nigeria 2018