The World Food Day Lagos Farm Fair is an event organized by the Lagos State Government together with the British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATN Foundation) and Stanbic IBTC Bank.
It is an initiative under the Wealth is Here campaign by BATN Foundation to encourage young people to see and explore business opportunities in Agriculture and also encourage rural smallholder farmers to raise their income by moving from subsistence agriculture (low-quality bulk produce) to commercial agriculture (high-value agricultural produce).
- Provide fresh and healthy farm produce to the public.
- Contribute to Nigeria’s agricultural development through the empowerment of smallholder farmers.
- Provide small enterprises for business growth by providing access to markets.
- Contribute to the attainment of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to end Poverty and hunger by 2030.
Some of the activities during the event include:
- Pop up Restaurants
- Award Ceremony
DATE: 16th October
TIME: 9 AM
VENUE: Police College, Ikeja
More on Naija Farmers:
- Agro Event: Agra Innovate West Africa 2018 Holds November 27-28
- Organic Agriculture in Nigeria – History, Problems, Future Prospects and Potentials
- How to Secure Agricultural Loans in Nigeria 2018
- Abubakar Abba Bello Biography – Managing Director/ CEO NEXIM Bank
- How Releaf Nigeria is Helping Agribusinesses Market and Export Their Agro Produce