Four early stage and four advanced start-ups have emerged winner at the 2018 Pitch AgriHack.
The early stage start-ups are those just launching while the advanced stage were judged on a criteria list that included the problem(s) addressed, unique value proposition, market addressed, current market traction and revenues.
Pitch AgriHack is part of the AgriHack Talent initiative of the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) and aims at accelerating e-agriculture entrepreneurship for improved livelihoods in the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) regions.
See Also: How to Take Care of Young Broiler Chicks
The early stage category winners include; Illuminum Greenhouses Kenya, Kenya; Fenou Packaging, Benin; Develop Digitally, Jamaica; Farmignite Company, Nigeria and they were awarded with cash prices between €5,000 and €7,500.
And for the advanced category were; CowTribe Africa, Ghana; Agro Innova, Ghana; Ankora Global Services, Nigeria; CLIN SARLU (e-agribusines), Togo and they received fund between €12000 and €15000. However, a special prize was offered to the best Francophone start-up led by a woman; Fenou Packaging which is based in Benin won.
Source: TechGist Africa
- Nigeria’s IITA Wins Africa Food Prize Award 2018
- Friesland Campina to invest €23 in Nigeria’s dairy production
- Agro Picks of the Week – How to Start Goat Farming, Farmcrowdy, Hydroponics Tutorial and Others!
- Bayelsa Rice Farmers Benefit From CBN Anchor Borrowers Farm Inputs Distribution Scheme
- Farmcrowdy App Review – How To Farm Online With Farmcrowdy